Tuesday, December 16

WTF Happened To...


Cookie Monster? Oh Yeah, he’s been changed to Veggie Monster. Well, not really, but the rumors on the interwebs are out of control. (At least they were a while ago before I was so plugged in, but thanks to AJ for the hat tip on this one!) But Cookie does make a valid claim when interviewed by Matt Lauer on the today show.

Cookie Monster: Me like fruit.

Matt Lauer: And there you have it. Cookie Monster likes fruit, and not cookies.

Monster: No! You members of the media blow story way out of proportion! Me still like cookies!

Lauer: Then why fruit?

Monster: Why not fruit? It delicious! And healthy. Me still eat cookies, like me world famous for doing, but now me eat other things, too.


And what else has the media blown out of proportion? A few things pop into my head:

Hurricane Rita. Conveniently a month after Hurricane Katrina, the media warned everyone to take every precaution necessary, little did they know, the panic they started caused an 8 hour traffic jam. See that sign? Mason Road? A block from house. We stayed. My mother is from New Orleans and my Dad moved the ax from the garage to the living room and I packed my books in zip-lock bags. We weren't that worried.

Star Jones’ weight loss. No one really cares about Star. Not like we care about Oprah. And just own it, you’ve had gastric bypass.

Janet Jackson’s Wardrobe Malfunction. I saw this happen live. Once was good enough for me, but little did I know that I’d be seeing it again and again and again and again…


And just because ‘C’ will always be for Cookie.





That’s good enough for me.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment