Monday, December 15

Hell No SAG Strike




Possible Actors' Strike?

Ok, what is this crap about? Only last year we had to deal with this stupid writers' strike, and now the Screen Actors Guild is threatening a strike? What the hell?

My main issue with this has nothing to do with unions or the principle of striking. It has everything to do with something that is very special to me and near and dear to my heart: television. Now I'm all for some trashy reality shows (America's Next Top Model, Top Chef, Pwoject Wunway - TRY saying it correctly) but I need some scripted action. Am I the only one who remembers the lonely, sad winter caused by the lack of TV writers? Where was my Scrubs? The Office? Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, LOST? Lost isn't even coming back until JANUARY, which I blame on the strike (whether that's fair or not). Come on people. How much more of this can we bear?

Thank God for Tom Hanks (and others) for standing up against this crap. He and some other guys issued a statement saying that they "do not believe in all good conscience that now is the time to be putting people out of work." Me fucking too. We're in a recession, for Chrissakes (KATHLEEN). Don't fucking strike. People need their television right now. Think of the people!

And since I mentioned Lost, it's also worth mentioning that just because (SPOILER) Charlie died on the show doesn't mean that the hobbit man (aka Dominic Monaghan) is out of a job! No, he apparently will play a very lame super hero in the upcoming Wolverine movie with Hugh Jackman. He apparently will be able to... manipulate electricity? Doesn't Halle Berre have that power already - except better?

Anyway, here he is. Say it with me: Clayah! Chahlie!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment