Tuesday, May 19

Kevin Bacon Wasn't Quite as Pretty


Well this one came out of left field. The powers of the production world have been searching for someone to play the lead in the remake of Footloose, the classic tale of a young man who goes to a town where he is not allowed to boogie down but who won't take no for an answer. Kevin Bacon played the lead, Ren McCormack, 25 years ago, and since they announced the remake everyone (i.e. Hollywood bitches) has been abuzz with speculation on who would take over the part. Zefron refused the role, much to my sadness because of course he is very talented and, you know, pretty. He said, basically, that he didn't want to do another musical right now. But they've found someone who, if possible, is even MORE beautiful to take the part. After weeks of negotiations, Chace Crawford, of Gossip Girl (what a blah show) fame is signed on to rock the famous role. I'm not sure if he can even dance, but he will undoubtedly bring lots of ladies to the theaters. Personally, I think he seems like one of those so-beautiful-he-gets-away-with-being-a-bit-slow guys, but maybe his acting skills will improve with the new character. I mean, in GG he basically plays a hot guy who is kind of quietly charming and doesn't do that much thinking but does do a lot of women. Which I'd imagine is kind of what he is like in real life. I'm not expecting all that much, but I'm always open to being pleasantly surprised. And it's kind of like going to see a Hugh Jackman movie, isn't it? I mean, I've heard Wolverine sucks, but if I'm watching Hugh run around half naked, who the fuck cares how the movie is? Let's just cross our fingers that there are a lot of sex scenes! Beauty below.

Oh, also in talks to be in the movie: Pocket Person Hayden Panetierre, who I liked best in Remember the Titans when she was like 5, and Amanda Bynes, who was actually really good in Hairspray. My pick is Amanda. Thoughts?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment